So Halloween is literally right around the corner and it can be tough to keep your hands off those buckets of candy. is key, but if you don't do moderation very well (like me), then I've got a couple tips for you:
1) Don't buy itYou can't eat what you don't have, right?
2) Buy the candy you don't care for If you want to participate in watching the cute kiddies dress up and come to your door, buy the candy you don't care for so your hand doesn't sneak into the bowl.
3) Give out healthier treatsNow you don't want to be the doorknob on the block who's throwing apples and oranges into kids' trick-or-treat bags, but try to find healthier options to give out like little packets of or how about stickers.
4) Eat before you go outIf you're attending a party, eat beforehand. If you go on a full stomach, you'll be less likely to grab at the unhealthy goodies on the table.
5) Bring a healthy dish to passBringing your own dish will make your host appreciative as well as give you a for-sure healthy option to pick from at the party.
6) Keep it out of sightNow if you HAVE kids and want to take them trick-or-treating, but are worried about having the candy they bring back to the house around, hide it. Sometimes what's out of site is out of mind.
7) It takes 1 hour of cardio to burn 2 fun-size candy barsAgain, if you have kids trick-or-treating, are going to a party, or have candy to give out, keep this in mind! If you're gonna eat it, be prepared to work like mad to get rid of it on your body! :-D
I hope these little tips help make your Halloween happy!